The importance of beauty in everyday life and the importance of the things we see.

By miu tachibana

Sometimes, a simple, everyday life can be given a new lease by decorating your space with your favorite things. Each time you see those items, your feelings are lifted and motivated. 

At such times, I am keenly aware of the importance of the things that come into contact with my eyes.

As proof of this, about 10 years ago, when I was dealing with a particularly difficult time in my life, I was saved by a breathtakingly beautiful, delicate, and graceful painting. After that, I allowed myself to incorporate "beautiful art" into my daily life and decided to create "beauty" with my own hands.

 

At the same time, I began to consciously look at all things, including objects, human forms, spaces, and art, to find out what kind of things are considered beautiful in the world and what kind of things I find beautiful. 

What do I like about this place? Why is it comfortable? What do I dislike? What would I do to recreate this feeling? 

I continued to have a dialogue with myself. Not only with words, but with my whole body.

 


Sometimes, I felt a bit awkward about this process, but it was always something that was good for me. Something that made me feel comfortable. Something that made me breathe deeply and naturally. 

So, even now, I try to look at my finished work from a bird's eye view, and always try to focus on my "breathing" at that moment.

 

I may change my style in the future due to a change of mindset or environment. However, I would like to continue to create "objects that naturally breathe deeply" by leaving beauty somewhere within them.

 


Photo credit
ⓒHIROYUKI KUDOH

As a creator and an expressive person, I create objects "as my hands move, as I wish", but I repeat the process of placing each part on the “base” campus and concentrating all my attention on "where is the best position for this part.” 

This does not mean "the exact position”, but rather "the place where this part can shine most beautifully", which is what we are all trying to find.

 


Because of the simplicity of the design, each individual part is utilized and the materials do not fight with each other, but are placed in positions that allow them to achieve harmony and balance with the whole. 

We are conscious of these things as we approach completion.

 

"When people see something well-balanced, they naturally become well-balanced. That is because they unconsciously try to achieve balance." After hearing this, I came to understand what I should do through my creative activities.

 

I also think that keeping my senses sharp and not letting them dull is an important part of my work. I feel that this is a natural part of creating something, which is a process that involves responsibility.

 

I would like to continue to remain in touch with both real things and good things.


https://light-pilot.net/

https://www.instagram.com/miutachibana/

 


Comments

Popular Posts